Use the Create SEPA file job, to generate SEPA bank payment files, for payments made via Wire transfers (Commercial management).
This file concerns payments:
- to Trading parties, e.g. Supplier wire transfers or,
- to Employees of your company, i.e. payroll payments made via e.g. Creditor wire transfers.
The job creates .xml files, based on ISO 20022 standard, and is available at Jobs Menu → Financials → Cash Accounts & Bank Transactions → Wire transfers.
Employees payments are also made through the Payroll module, using the SEPA (ISO 20020) payroll file job (Jobs Menu → H.R. & Payroll → Payroll → Payroll - Period Jobs → Payroll auxiliary tasks.
Follow the instructions described below, regarding the configuration and operation in Soft1.
Configuration in Soft1
💡 This step concerns the creation of a SEPA file for employees' payments made through wire transfers.
Go to the Employees Parameters (Parameters → C.R.M. → Employees - Contacts) and in the Trading partner entity field, select in which type of trading party the employees' transactions will be monitored, e.g. Creditors.
You will then need to assign the Trading party (here Creditor) to the Employee, through the Employee's card on Other data tab.
② Trading Parties
In the Trading Party card (e.g. Supplier, Creditor) define the Bank account data (Financials tab) of the Trading party.
For the Bank, where the SEPA file will be submitted, define the following:
- Sender code (SEPA) - Credit/Debit code (SEPA), provided that they are required from the respective bank.
- Payroll file, concerns the specific bank file format. For example, select Alpha for Alpha Bank.
- Branch, fill in the necessary fields and the BIC code.
④ Cash Accounts
For the Cash Account, monitored for the specific bank, define the following:
- fill in the ΙΒΑΝ that will be used for the payment,
- link the Cash account to the Bank,
- define the Bank Branch. (Make sure that in the Branch, you have previously filled in the BIC code.)
See below how to create the SEPA payment file, for payments to: 1) suppliers, 2) employees (i.e. payroll payments made via e.g. Creditor wire transfers).
① Suppliers payment scenario
Create supplier wire transfers, either manually or in bulk, through the Payments Plan (wire transfers) job.
Then, select the Create SEPA file job, to generate the .xml file for the supplier wire transfers.
In the File type field, you must select Tr. Parties Payment file. Find out more on: Create SEPA file section.
② Employees payment scenario (Creditors wire transfers)
Create payment wire transfers for the employees of your company (e.g. creditor wire transfers), either manually or in bulk, through the Payments Plan (wire transfers) job.
Then, select the Create SEPA file job, to generate the .xml file for the employees payments (creditor wire transfers).
In the File type field, you must select Payroll file. Find out more on: Create SEPA file section.
Create SEPA file
Select the Create SEPA file job (Jobs Menu → Financials → Cash Accounts & Bank Transactions → Wire transfers) and set the following:
- Bank: select the Bank, where the payment file will be sent.
- Save as: automatically filled in, according to the selected Bank's specifications. Click on, to set the location (folder, directory) where the generated file will be saved.
- Sender code - Credit/Debit code: automatically filled in, upon selecting the Bank.
- No: 001 is automatically suggested. ⚠To send a new file within the same day, set a new increasing numbering, e.g. 002, 003, e.tc.
- File type: select the type of file you wish to create, i.e.:
- Payroll file, for employees payments made via e.g. Creditor wire transfers.
- Tr. Parties Payment file, for trading parties payments via e.g. Supplier wire transfers.
- Doc. code, From – Doc. code, To: select the documents that will be included in the file.
- Only documents that have been exported to file: activate this filter, if you wish to exclude the documents included in a previous file.
- Dates: define the dates interval of documents that will be included in the file.
- Approved: activate this filter for only the Approved documents to be included in the file.
- Module: select which documents will be included in the file.
- The field operates in combination with the Doc. code (From - To) and Document Series fields. For example, by selecting the Suppliers module, only the Doc. codes/Series of the supplier wire transfers can be filtered/selected.
- If you select the <Payroll file> Type, it is recommended to define in the proper Module, e.g. Creditors Wire transfers, if you make payroll payments via Creditors Wire transfers.
- Latin name: activate this filter for the characters of the file's alphanumeric fields to be converted into Latin.
- Include Forecasts: activate this filter to include the wire transfers having behaviour type 500 (=Forecasts).
- Show Debits: select how debits will be displayed in the file, based on the Bank's specifications (indifferent, cumulative, detailed).
Once the job is executed, click on the Results hyperlink to check whether any errors occurred upon the file's calculation/production.
The Results tab includes data of the .xml file, based on SEPA ISO20022 standards.
Payment Information area includes grouped data of payment orders. Click on each line to see below the Credit Transfer.
Monitoring Wire transfers exported to .xml file
Monitor the documents that have been included to SEPA .xml file, by following the steps below:
① Design the Wire transfers Browser & Screen form.
- At the Wire transfers Browser design (e.g. of Suppliers), add the SEPA file field (BFNSUPDOC.PRDCOST) as a Filter, and/or as a Column. The field accepts the values Yes/No.
- Save the Browser.
Screen form design
- At the Wire transfers Screen form design, right-click on an area and select Properties.
- Add the SEPA file field (BFNSUPDOC.PRDCOST).
- Save the Screen Form.
Select the Browser you designed, activate the SEPA file filter, and view all the documents that have been exported to SEPA .xml file.