Before updating Soft1 application to a newer version, don't forget to:
- get a database backup and create a copy of the installation folder,
- make sure all users are logged out of the application.
You can update an installation:
- to a minor Soft1 version, which consists of improvements and new specifications that don't affect the existing database schema. e.g. Updating from version 5.00.518.10130 to 5.00.518.10131
- and/or to a major Soft1 version, which consists of improvements and new specifications that may affect the existing database schema. e.g. Updating from version 5.00.518.10130 to 5.00.519.10122. In this case, you will be prompted to synchronize the database upon starting the application. Database synchronization is a job in which the existing database schema becomes compatible (synchronized) with the new one provided by the system version, in which the application is running after the update. After synchronizing the database, continue with your daily tasks.
Keep in mind that...
in order to update a client/server installation, the new version has to be installed on the application server workstation. Terminals / Clients will be automatically updated from the server (an update notification will appear). The application server has to be stopped (/ server, service).
Updating a Soft1 on-premise installation can be achieved in three (3) ways:
- Through the Live Update process and direct/instant update of installation files.
- By downloading the new version to a local folder (Download to Local directory), you can update the installation files at a time of your convenience.
- By downloading the new version from the <Common Area> and manually updating the application files.
Through the Live Update process, you can update directly/instantly the installation files.
The first time that you update from version 5.00.518 to 5.00.519 or later, repeat the above process by logging in to the new version, to make sure there is no newer version available.
By downloading the new version to a local folder, you can update the installation files at a time of your convenience. Follow the steps below.
Through the System Bar, select System Settings > Internet and declare in the "Update directory" field the path, in which you want to save the files of new version.
Check out if there is a new version available:
In case you want to update your version's files:
In <Update from Local Directory> area, select <Update> to automatically update the files in Soft1 installation folder.
After downloading the data, the application will restart and the files will be automatically updated inside the installation folder.
Through the <Common Area>, you can update manually the installation files at a time of your convenience. Follow the steps below.
From the Soft1 Home screen, select Tools > Files > Common Area and then "Current International version".
In this area, you will find available the latest Soft1 version, along with the License Manager.
Click on the latest version file and then select whether you want to save it and where on your computer.
Once the download/save process is completed, follow the steps below:
To locate your installation folder, right-click on the application Icon, select <Properties> and then <Open File Location>.
Find the same path through User > My Installation > About - link : Program Profile Directory.
After each version update, where database synchronization is required, the synchronization .log file has to be checked.
Locate the file through User > My Installation > About - link : Program Profile Directory.