The label of a Stock Item contains important data that is useful not only in the internal organization of a company (e.g. Inventory Balance) but in informing the Trading Parties as well (e.g. a Customer) for a specific stock item (e.g. price, discount, item variations).
The Labels document is a Soft1 Stock document (Commercial Management > Stock Management > Stock Documents), which gathers all the items whose labels you want to printshould be printed, e.g. new purchase, discount periods, etc.
Before creating a Soft1 Labels document, you have to design:
- the Doc. Series and the Type so as to create the document and
- the Labels Report form, with the data/ information that will be displayed.
How to create a Labels document
To create a Labels document, follow the steps below:
- Use Soft1 Stock items Browsers-Lists and Filters, to display only the required information (e.g. Code, Factory code, BarCode, Alternative code). Then use:
- <Shift> + <Up/ Down Arrow>, to massively select continuous stock items,
- or <Ctrl> + <click>, to massively select scattered stock items,
- or <Ctrl> + <A>, to select all the stock items.
- Right-click to select the Labels document and in the new pop-up window, set:
- the Doc. Series, for creating the Labels document,
- the Report form, that you designed,
- the Quantity, for the labels you want to print:
- Balance: The suggested quantity will be based on the total w/h balance.
- Without Quantity: The user has to set the required quantity.
- Balance per Warehouse: The suggested quantity will be based on the balance of the below selected Warehouse.
- the Delete after print option, to delete the document right after printing the labels. Otherwise, you will find it in the list of Stock Documents.
- the Printer (MS Office, physical/ cloud printer, PDF, etc)
- and Save to File, i.e. the path where the labels file shall be saved, if you have not chosen to immediately print it.
- Click on Run and make sure that the document’s data is correct. Finally, Save it to automatically print/ save the labels.